Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBR ignore slave if CPU is more than xx usage

Heya

Would it be possible to implement an if statement to DBR so that if cpu is used at more than 5-10-20%(lest us customize per slave+ globally plz) then the slave will be paused/postponed until threshold drop below it. Then it would automatically join in in mid render. That would help a lot offices utilize their render farm during daily work. Currently our render farm is quite challenge to use as we never really know if one of artists is DBRing or not. This would solve a lot of problems.

Thanks, bye.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Hmm, I have to think about this a bit. Is this on Windows? Technically, it is possible to configure Windows to start a service (e.g. the V-Ray DR render server) if the machine is idle. The problem, from what I remember, was that there was no way to stop it if the machine is used again... but we didn't have time to look into it more carefully.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yup windows. Now that you write about starting service in windows it got me thinking if I could write a simple bat script to test CPU usage and then regarding it either delete/start Vray slave - but how would it know if the cpu that is being used its used by vray RT or other program. Arrr don't think I can handle it with my basic skillz heh.

Thanks, bye.
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
        Would it be possible to implement an if statement to DBR so that if cpu is used at more than 5-10-20%(lest us customize per slave+ globally plz) then the slave will be paused/postponed until threshold drop below it.
        Don't use DBR as a service.
        Have it launched as a command-line, by your render farm manager software :
        vray -server -numThreads=0 -portNumber=20207
        So, you decide how many hosts you need, the dispatcher launches it where available (it will not collide with other renders).
        When you have finished using DBR, delete the "Job" (your render dispatcher thinks it's a real job), it will kill DBR on hosts that were using it.

Comment

Working...
        X