GI Light Select Render Element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI Light Select Render Element

Besides the "Light Select" Render Element, a "GI Light Select" Render Element, for take every single light (direct or bounced) on-off in our compositing software, all in a single render.

Although it will surprise me if Vray team doesn't have think in this for Vray 3.0, even with its own like-maxwell-multilight-tool.

+1

And also SSS and all pre and post render effects.

Comment

Originally posted by KyronVFX View Post
      pre and post render effects.
      What would be a pre-render effect?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaversword View Post
        Besides the "Light Select" Render Element, a "GI Light Select" Render Element, for take every single light (direct or bounced) on-off in our compositing software, all in a single render.
        Actually you can already sort of do that in the nightlies if you use reflections with very low glossiness. Since you can make the light select element to propagate through reflections, you can sort of simulate brute-force GI with glossy reflections, and that will work fine with light selects. It does come with performance and memory hits though.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          What would be a pre-render effect?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I meant any effect that takes place before the actual "rendering image" message. DonĀ“t know too much aobut what is going on under the hood so maybe its just a bunch of nonsense

Comment

Working...
          X