Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALEMBIC in VrayMesh - we would need an extra string for specifying the ObjectPath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALEMBIC in VrayMesh - we would need an extra string for specifying the ObjectPath

Hi Guys,

would it be possible to specify a single objectpath (or wildcard) for an alembic inside of a VrayMesh? In Houdini you have the Filepath and below is the Objectpath where you can extract a specific Object out of a large Alembic File. We need that to apply animation to specific parts of an alembic asset. I think this is directly supported by the alembic API...i think it's called WildCard selection.

Is that doable?

thx in advance
    Oliver
    OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

For the time being, you can use the visibility lists to show only particular parts of the Alembic file. We don't have specific plans to support wildcards right now.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

this is already good news....haven't seen the visibility lists up until now! thx for the heads up.

Anyway it would be good to have the full path of the objects inside those lists. Otherwise we cannot hide them in a convenient way. Just think of non-unique names in a hierarchy.

Is that doable?

And btw....i hope we are going to meet in person at siggraph....there are still lots of free beers waiting for you man

cheers
      Oli
      OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

Comment

Working...
      X