Depth of field controls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth of field controls...

I know max has some of these features implemented but these would be HUGE to have in maya too.

1. On the vray physical camera it would be awesome to have a locator you can turn on that will control the depth of field focal point. I know you can build this from scratch by creating a locator and attaching a distance node to specific various other nodes but it would be great to just have that built in.
    2. The other feature that is great in Max that should definitely be ported over to maya is the ability to turn on a display in the viewport that will show you a cone coming out from your camera with a plane designating the where the camera comes into focus and another plane behind showing where the camera starts to go out of focus.

These would sure save a ton of time and be awfully nice to have built in.

Thanks!
    Last edited by evanerichards; 09-08-2013, 02:04 PM.

Originally posted by evanerichards View Post
    I know max has some of these features implemented but these would be HUGE to have in maya too.

1. On the vray physical camera it would be awesome to have a locator you can turn on that will control the depth of field focal point. I know you can do this by creating a locator and attaching a distance node to specific other nodes. It would be great to just have that build in.
    2. The other feature that is great in Max that should definitely be ported over to maya is the ability to turn on a display in the viewport that will show you a cone coming out from your camera with a plane designating the where the camera comes into focus and another plane behind showing where the camera starts to go out of focus.

These would sure save a ton of time and be awfully nice to have built in.

Thanks!
    Second those, however these kind of things are hard to do in maya But there is nothing chaosgroup team can't handle!
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
    X