enironment fog for ocean..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enironment fog for ocean..

Hi, it be great if there were option to create environment fog for oceans , things like having the fog darker in lower sections of the scene which gradually gets lighter as you get closer to a surface ... sorry if this already exists somewhere !! I did some searches to see if anything like this had already been suggested but didn't find anything. If someone knows a work around please let me know

kind regards
    ignuf

Hm, it's not impossible... will think about it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You can always do it with the fog attribute in the VrayMtl shader. That's how I always do it. Renders more quickly than full on volumetric fog. Of course, if you really want light scattering you should use env fog (or SSS2).

Shouldn't you be able to use the ocean mesh as a container for the environment fog if you really want it?

Comment

hi,

so far I've been using env fog which is doing ok.. but its not convincing enough as yet, so I'll take a look at what you've suggested, thanks Undersky !

nice demo reel by the way !

regards
        ignuf

Comment

The ocean water absorbs different wavelength of light differently (i.e. blue is scattered more), which cannot be simulated by the env. fog just yet (but the volumescatterfog can do it).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey Vlado,

thanks for replying, and for the pointer , i'll check it out , hope all is well

regards
            ignuf

Comment

Working...
            X