Detect connected slaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detect connected slaves

If I perform a distributed render, all configured slaves will be used.
    If, on the slave machine, I stop the slave service, the server will detect this and not use the slave anymore.
    However if I reconnect the slave later on, it would be great if the server detects it and automatically starts to re-use it.

Thanks for taking this into account !

This should be already the case.

When a V-ray slave server start it broadcasts a message to all machines on the network.
    If there is already a DR rendering running then this new slave will attach to the rendering and it will be used for DR.

What version of V-Ray are you running? What OS?
    Are you using a firewall (if might block this broadcast message).
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Hi,
      This is not what I am seeing on my environment. MacOS, Maya 2014, VRay 3 Beta.
      When no slave is connected, I get a message in the script editor, it stays as Rendering, and when I start the slave, the it remains as Rendering and nothing happens. I need to cancel the render and restart it, and then it works.

Comment

Can you send a message to our support at support@chaosgroup.com. They should be able to help you.
        V-Ray developer

Comment

We can confirm that the broadcasting on MAC doesn't work.
          The workstation machine prints the following error and the slave machine never joins to the frame being rendered.
          [2014/Jun/2|12:44:12] V-Ray warning: Render host iMac-2 (*.*.*.*:20207) is not responding
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
          X