Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test rendering with the V-Ray Framebuffer

Hi,

One way I really like to work is to do a draft render, then change my settings to high quality and perform region render on some specific parts of the scene. Sure there's RT, but this works for me and is quite fast too.

The problem is that with the V-Ray Framebuffer, for some reason it always clears itself and goes black between renders, making it extremely difficult to work with when it comes to using the region render tool.

Is it possible to please keep the image between renders? Much like Maya's framebuffer.

Another addition that would be really nice is to have a "fit image to view" so instead of 12%, 25%, 50% increments, it would be nice to have zoom increments much like Maya's native framebuffer.

Thanks for reading.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

We don't have an option to fit the image to the frame like the render view does, but we can consider implementing it. I'll make a note on this.
    The VFB will mostly clear the image if render elements have been added or removed between the renders or if the resolution has changed. It won't matter if you render in a region or not.
    If that is not the case, please let me know so I can check this.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
      The VFB will mostly clear the image if render elements have been added or removed between the renders or if the resolution has changed. It won't matter if you render in a region or not.
      If that is not the case, please let me know so I can check this.
      "The VFB will mostly clear the image if render elements have been added or removed" - this is indeed the case, thank you for your answer.

I disable render elements during test renders because I assume it'll speed up rendering. (I only noticed it now since I usually use Maya's framebuffer).
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

Working...
      X