Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multimatte creation/assignment

Hi,

is there a chance for Chaos Group to add a tool to automatically create and create multimattes?
    At my previous job, our developer created this tool that created a window where all the shaders were listed. Then a button allowed to add the material ID attribute then assign a value to it. Another button allowed to create the multimatte render element (and switch on the Use materials IDs and Consider for Anti-Aliasing) and automatically assigned the RGB ID based on the number of shader ID. It was starting from 1 up to the number of shaders.
    The same window once the ID and RE were populated, allowed to manually change the ID allocation. This was practical if we need a particular shader to be in a designated RE multimattes.

That way in 2 clicks we could have the scene ready for mattes.

I am asking that as if Chaos Group was to have something, this would follow Vray versions and save your clients a lot of time.

Let me know if you would consider it?

Thanks,

Yannick

PS: I know Deex tool does something simillar, but the ID generated are random number and it doesn't create the RE multimatte.
    Portfolio: http://www.cgifocus.co.uk

+10

an attribute manager would be really cool...
    also for assigning IDs to selection sets...

Comment

Originally posted by Yannick View Post
      Hi,

is there a chance for Chaos Group to add a tool to automatically create and create multimattes?
      At my previous job, our developer created this tool that created a window where all the shaders were listed. Then a button allowed to add the material ID attribute then assign a value to it. Another button allowed to create the multimatte render element (and switch on the Use materials IDs and Consider for Anti-Aliasing) and automatically assigned the RGB ID based on the number of shader ID. It was starting from 1 up to the number of shaders.
      The same window once the ID and RE were populated, allowed to manually change the ID allocation. This was practical if we need a particular shader to be in a designated RE multimattes.

That way in 2 clicks we could have the scene ready for mattes.

I am asking that as if Chaos Group was to have something, this would follow Vray versions and save your clients a lot of time.

Let me know if you would consider it?

Thanks,

Yannick

PS: I know Deex tool does something simillar, but the ID generated are random number and it doesn't create the RE multimatte.
      I can add this on the toolBox. It is very easy.
      Like my lightLister, but with material (the lights lister is completely free)

www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
        I can add this on the toolBox. It is very easy.
        Like my lightLister, but with material (the lights lister is completely free)

looks good. Is it released?

Thanks,

Yannick

Comment

The lights lister, yes. You can use it with the demo (but if the demo expires, you can continu to use it).
          I haven't created the materials lister. I don't know if some customers want it...
          www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
            I haven't created the materials lister. I don't know if some customers want it...
            What I found when I moved to a company which had made their own in house was that you don't know you want it until you have it - then you cant live without it. It opens a lot of potential up.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
              What I found when I moved to a company which had made their own in house was that you don't know you want it until you have it - then you cant live without it. It opens a lot of potential up.
              This is why, it would be awesome if Chaos Group was to create such tool, then whatever Vray version, company... it would always be with you.

Comment

Ok, let me few hours.
                www.deex.info

Comment

Ok, here a trick for you.
                  Open the script editor, in a Mel tab, execute this :

Code:
                  optionVar
                   -sv "SPF_DCEOptions" ""
                   -sv "SPF_DCOptions" ""
                   -ca "SSEitem1"
                   -sva "SSEitem1" "VRay MatID"
                   -ca "SSEitem2"
                   -sva "SSEitem2" "{\"Vray Color Id R\",\"Vray Color Id G\",\"Vray Color Id B\",\"Vray Material Id\"}"
                   -ca "SSEitem3"
                   -iva "SSEitem3" 0
                   -sv "STEP_DCOptions" ""
                   -sv "STL_DCEOptions" ""
                   -sv "STL_DCOptions" ""
                   -sv "SW_DCOptions" ""
                   -sv "Scale" "manipScaleContext -e -image1 \"vacantCell.png\" -image2 \"vacantCell.png\" -image3 \"vacantCell.png\" -mode 0\n-activeHandle 3\n-orientAxes 0 0 0 -preserveChildPosition 0\n-preserveUV 0\n-snap 0\n-snapRelative 0\n-snapValue 1\n-useObjectPivot 0\n-useManipPivot 0\n-editPivotMode 0\nScale";

Now, just add Material ID on your materials.
                  To add material ID on all materials, open in the script editor with a Python tab, and execute this :

Code:
                  import pymel.all as pm

def arsenal_materialIDaddAllMat():
                      selection = pm.ls(materials = True)
                      for mySelect in selection:
                          #exclude custom material
                          if pm.objectType( mySelect ) in ["particleCloud", "shaderGlow", "hairTubeShader", "layeredShader", "oceanShader", "useBackground"]:
                              print "[Arsenal ToolBox] " + mySelect.name() + " must not have materialID."
                              continue

pm.mel.eval('vray addAttributesFromGroup '+ mySelect.name() +' vray_material_id 1;')
                          print "[Arsenal ToolBox] Add material ID attributes to " + mySelect.name()

arsenal_materialIDaddAllMat()
                  Open the attributes spreadSheet :

Magic :
                  Last edited by bigbossfr; 25-06-2014, 10:07 AM.
                  www.deex.info

Comment

Working...
                  X