Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB output and file requester

Hello there,
    Not for the first time today I had to re-render a reasonably heavy scene because I saved it from the VFB and forgot to set it to "all channels" from the new drop-down. It just saved the RGB as is the default. Can we have the VFB remember the last option from that little drop down icon between sessions ?

Also - is there any chance we can have a project links section in the out file requester ? Currently I have to navigate the network of paths every time I want to save an image. The Maya default requester has the project links area which is just SO useful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RequesterRequest_Small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	880938

.. a sample screenshot

Originally posted by ricoholmes View Post
    Hello there,
    Not for the first time today I had to re-render a reasonably heavy scene because I saved it from the VFB and forgot to set it to "all channels" from the new drop-down. It just saved the RGB as is the default. Can we have the VFB remember the last option from that little drop down icon between sessions ?
    So, you want V-Ray to save this setting in the scene, so the next time you open it, the setting will be correct. Am I correct in my understanding of the problem?
    As far as I can see, if you don't restart Maya the setting is preserved, but if you restart Maya the setting is restored to the default value.

Also - is there any chance we can have a project links section in the out file requester ? Currently I have to navigate the network of paths every time I want to save an image. The Maya default requester has the project links area which is just SO useful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21634[/ATTACH]

.. a sample screenshot
    I'll log this as a feature request, so we won't forget about it.
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Ah I'm sorry I really should have split the two requests into two posts. Thank you for recognising that and splitting them

(Request 1) VFB save current channel/save all channels icon.
      I had imagined it would be a user preference that retains the last setting between sessions. So it returns to the last used setting even after maya restarts. If we save it in the scene file it doesn't really solve the problem of forgetting to change the output type. (I use "save all channels" 9/10 times. I imagine others do the same and others just save single images most of the time).

(Request 2) Add project links to Save File requester
      Ahh thank you. That would save a tremendous amount of frustration.

Comment

(Request 1) VFB save current channel/save all channels icon.
        I had imagined it would be a user preference that retains the last setting between sessions. So it returns to the last used setting even after maya restarts. If we save it in the scene file it doesn't really solve the problem of forgetting to change the output type. (I use "save all channels" 9/10 times. I imagine others do the same and others just save single images most of the time).
        We do have a config file for the VFB already (it stores the history folder and some other options), so we can probably store the button setting there. Will make a note for it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Just inquiring to see if this is still on the list anywhere or was dropped ? It's still a daily frustration when saving still shots from VFB.

Comment

We just bring up the standard 3ds Max dialog for saving an image - the same one you get for the 3ds Max VFB. I don't know how to add shortcuts to the project folders.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

You chaps are without question geniuses at CG programming so I'll trust you on that one.
              I assumed it was similar to the mel/python FileDialog2 (Maya btw, not max)
              string $ImagesDestination[] = `fileDialog2`;

Comment

Not similar at all...

/Vlado

Comment

Just inquiring to see if this is still on the list anywhere or was dropped ? It's still a daily frustration when saving still shots from VFB.
                  We have this in the ToDo, but it has not been done yet.
                  V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
                  X