Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snap shot, RT button, and test resolution for VFB

Hi,

Not sure if these are on the "to-do" list already, but with these three functions, I can pretty much dump Maya's Render View.

1. a button to take a wireframe snap shot with the option to right click to do that from a chosen camera in the scene

2. a IPR/RT button to activate RT with the option to right click to RT from a chosen camera in the scene

3. a option to set test resolution of 10%, 50%, 75% or default 100%

Thanks.
    always curious...

Originally posted by jasonhuang1115 View Post
    1. a button to take a wireframe snap shot with the option to right click to do that from a chosen camera in the scene
    You can make a shelf button that executes this script: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...ap-shot-in-VFB

2. a IPR/RT button to activate RT with the option to right click to RT from a chosen camera in the scene
    3. a option to set test resolution of 10%, 50%, 75% or default 100%
    Both of these are in the ToDo (I think), but we've not decided how to implement them, yet.
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Petrov.
      I found couple limitations of the script you posted in the mentioned thread.

1. You need to have the Maya Render View open to execute the script. Otherwise, maya crashes (tested in Maya 2014 and 2015 on Windows 7 x64).

2. the resolution is dependent on the window size of Maya Render View. I tend to leave Maya Render View as a very thin bar for accessing the buttons only. With that, the screen capture I got will be extremely low rez in Vray Frame Buffer.

Hope when it's implemented in VFB, it is a independent thing without relying on an open Maya Render View to properly execute some functions.

Code:
      // generate the snapshot in RenderView
      renderWindowRenderCamera snapshot renderView "";

// save the image to file
      string $renderPanels[] = `getPanel -scriptType "renderWindowPanel"`;
      string $filename="/tmp/vray.snapshot.jpg";
      python("import maya.app.general.createImageFormats as createImageFormats");
      python("formatManager = createImageFormats.ImageFormats()");
      python("formatManager.pushRenderGlobalsForDesc(\"JPEG\")");

renderWindowEditor -e -writeImage $filename $renderPanels;

python("formatManager.popRenderGlobals()");

// open the image in the VFB and delete the file
      vray vfbControl -loadimage $filename;
      sysFile -delete $filename;
      always curious...

Comment

Hm, these limitations could make the real implementation impossible, because we'll have to ask Maya to render the image for us.
        But I've not investigated it further.
        V-Ray developer

Comment

Hey y'all,

Has there been an update to adding an IPR/RT button to the VFB?

Thanks
          Ben

Comment

No news, I'm afraid. It's still on our to-do list.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
              No news, I'm afraid. It's still on our to-do list.
              A bit sad that it's been a year....with the RT button and resolution change available in VFB, I can completely forget about Maya's render window...
              always curious...

Comment

Hi devs,

Are these moving up on the to-do list? Still waiting for these features so I can forget about Maya's Render View.
                Also, I notice that oftentimes when I stop IPR from VFB, the IPR is stopped with Maya's Render View red square button turned off, but the round "stop" button in VFB is still on (although the IPR has been stopped). Seems a small glitch, but I would like the day when I don't open Maya's Render View, the "Stop" button in VFB correctly indicate the status of IPR running or not.

- Jason
                always curious...

Comment

Yes, getting there...

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Also, I notice that oftentimes when I stop IPR from VFB, the IPR is stopped with Maya's Render View red square button turned off, but the round "stop" button in VFB is still on (although the IPR has been stopped). Seems a small glitch, but I would like the day when I don't open Maya's Render View, the "Stop" button in VFB correctly indicate the status of IPR running or not.
                    Unfortunately, I'm not sure we'll able to fix this problem.
                    It is a known problem and we've tried to fix it, but there are lots of complications related to this small button.
                    V-Ray developer

Comment

Originally posted by t.petrov View Post
                      Unfortunately, I'm not sure we'll able to fix this problem.
                      It is a known problem and we've tried to fix it, but there are lots of complications related to this small button.
                      It reflects the status of ADV render correctly "almost" every time but somehow not IPR. Guess I can always have Maya's Render View open to check the status of IPR.
                      Anyhow, the snap shot button, IPR button (with right-click to select render camera), and resolution percentage is of higher interests than the above.
                      always curious...

Comment

This is a refresh issue. If you change the focus to the Maya window and then back to the VFB the button will refresh.
                        V-Ray developer

Comment

Good to know. Thanks and will try that.
                          always curious...

Comment

Working...
                          X