Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile rendering.

Hi,

I have a suggestion which I think would be a useful addition to the already extensive tool set.

Its probably come up before but I think it would be really handy for people who render large format still imagery to have an automatic tile / region rendering option. It seems like you've already got the ideal tool for it in the Vray region render. It would be great if you could specify how many tiles or regions you want to brake the frame down into and have Vray automatically set it up.

I realise that Deadline has this feature and many VFX studios / Post houses have their own tools (I know first hand) but I figure as it would be a relatively simple thing to do and it would really help the small studio / freelancer.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

I'm not sure what we can do about it? You can already specify regions when rendering with the standalone or through Maya batch; V-Ray DR is also another good option.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

My understanding is (probably incorrectly) that we can only specific one region per frame?

Lets say that we had a 30,000 x 10,000 pixel render and we want to split it up into 10x 3,000 x 1,000 regions, we would need to do that 10x times and submit 10x renders manually? Is that correct?

We have an in house tool at The Mill that splits your frame into as many seperate tiles as you need and submits as individual jobs. Then you simply piece them all back together in Nuke or Photoshop to get your full image.

Obviously distributed rendering is great but it does require a farm of sorts to utilize it.

Comment

Well, this would be very closely tied to your render manager - V-Ray doesn't really know how to create jobs. What would be the point of this if you don't have a render farm anyways? If you just want to render high-resolution images, there are other ways to do it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X