Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Material & Soft Box Tex in Viewport

Switch Material--

It would be great to have a Vray Switch Material that handles more than just RGB values..

For instance, if you were to have 2 remapValue nodes that you wanted to switch between, it would be great if the VraySwitchMaterial could handle those inputs along side RGB inputs. Also, it would be nice to have more than 9 inputs!

It's a handy tool for more advanced material development I would love to see it developed to be more versatile (but it's a great tool to have as is currently).

Soft Box Tex --

It's great that we can now see textures applied to rectangular lights now! I wish that would apply also for the Vray softbox! Currently I need to go into VrayRT to see the changes I'm making to the texture (and how it's being mapped to the rec light).

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work.

Attached is a photo of part of the node network (if it helps explain the switch material above).

Click image for larger version

Name:	SwitchMaterialAsset.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	858705

That being said, I think I might be trying to use the switch material outside it's intended area of use.. I find myself using it in the middle of a shading network as opposed to at the end where the Switch Material itself would be applied to an object (and consequently at the end of a shading network).

So in a manner of speaking, I find great use in using at as a conditional node being driven by that switch value (very, very useful for variations in a single material shading network).

Thanks again guys/girls,
    Clayton

Comment

Working...
    X