Real world camera motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real world camera motion blur

Any development going on for a realistic motion blur based on real cameras?

I try to explain better what I mean, now the motion blur seems based on a photography camera (iris shutter type), however in most of the work done for film/video, where there is integration with live action footage, there is the need to match the motion blur with several type of cameras (digital or film). These kind of cameras have a different way of exposing images, for examples film cameras having a rolling disk as shutter, and some digital cameras having an electronic global shutter exposing from top to bottom of the image with a slight interval between each line of pixels. These cause the motion blur to look different. If there could be a way to choose between some presets that have several type of efficiency that emulate the different way of capturing an image, it would be possible to get more fidelity in the motion blur as well.

Comment

We have not done any work on that. It is on the "to do" list, but I don't know when we will get to it.

In the meantime, you are free to code your own camera plugin that renders whatever motion blur you need.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks, I will also look into it as well.

Comment

Working...
        X