Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render bucket Info

Hi,
    could we have some extra info on render bucket?
    What I am looking for is to get the pixel coordinate of the rendering buckets. So that I can see which part of the image is been rendered.
    I was working on a project with massive scenes that would only render on our farm and I had a few scene that wouldn't render, the render would get stuck on a bucket but I was unable to found which one.
    If the bucket info was in the render log that would have help me debug my scene and found what was the element that blocked the bucket.

Thanks,

Yannick
    Portfolio: http://www.cgifocus.co.uk

Do you want the info when the bucket rendering starts, or when it is completed, or both?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Do you want the info when the bucket rendering starts, or when it is completed, or both?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      When it starts, that way if it gets stuck, we can found where it is.

Thanks.
      Portfolio: http://www.cgifocus.co.uk

Comment

Thats a pretty nice idea!

Another thing that would be nice to have is a render element that acts as a sort of heat map, coloring in each bucket depending on the time it took to finish. It would help to see which part of your scene is a bit extra slow, and maybe needs some optimizing. Ofcours this doesnt help if a bucket get stuck, as it wouldnt finish, but still a nice addition as a render element. I guess the sampler rate element can acts sort of similar, but doesnt really say the same thing either.
        CG Artist - RnD and CG Supervision at Industriromantik

Comment

Originally posted by Algehov View Post
          Another thing that would be nice to have is a render element that acts as a sort of heat map, coloring in each bucket depending on the time it took to finish.
          This is somewhere on the "to do" list.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            This is somewhere on the "to do" list.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Oh, thats awesome!
            CG Artist - RnD and CG Supervision at Industriromantik

Comment

Working...
            X