vrayToon in outliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrayToon in outliner

Could we please have the vrayToon node appear in the outliner without having to untick the 'show DAG objects only' box? Would help a lot. Thanks!

Originally posted by pechart View Post
    Could we please have the vrayToon node appear in the outliner without having to untick the 'show DAG objects only' box? Would help a lot. Thanks!
    Probably yes, have to check that out.
    There is actually another way to select V-Ray Toon from the Attributes:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-01 10_29_11}.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	859983
    It should be more convenient.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I think we will break already saved scenes with VRayToon. Technically it should not show as a DAG object, but it's really somewhat inconvenient to find...
      V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Ivaylo is right; the toon node is not a DAG object (it has no specific transform in the scene), so I'm not sure how we can force it to show when "show DAG objects only" is enabled.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The Focus way doesn't work for me. The toon node doesn't show up. Maybe because I'm using renderlayers.

Comment

Originally posted by pechart View Post
            The Focus way doesn't work for me. The toon node doesn't show up. Maybe because I'm using renderlayers.
            It should bring the most recently selected nodes and I don't see a reason to not work with layers,. However, I just created a feature request in our system about extending the functionality of the existing Create V-Ray Toon shelf button.

Until we manage to add it to the builds I can suggest another approach.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-01 14_54_58}.png
Views:	1
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	859991
            Shelf button to select exact toon node in the scene. Will work on all scenes if the default name for the Toon node is used.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

A better command that can be used in the shelf button is this one:
              Code:
              select -r `ls -type "VRayToon"`
              It selects all toon objects in the scene by type and it doesn't depend on the node names.
              V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
              X