VFB features request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB features request

Hi, I recently tapped into couple other renderers (mainly PRMan and Arnold) and found some VFB related features that may be useful to add. Feel free to correct me if any of these features is already available or counter intuitive or less efficient.

• Add an IPR button with Right-click to select which camera to IPR from. Add an option (button with drop down list or menu item) to adjust test resolution for 10%, 25%, 50%. With these two functions added, I don’t need to open Maya’s Render View window completely.
    • 3D manipulation (change render camera angle) directly within VFB.
    • Click in VFB to select corresponding object or material which (object’s shape node or material) is then brought up in attribute editor.
    • Run VFB as an external app, so even when Maya crashed, currently rendered image is still available for saving and comparison with previously saved images.
    • When doing A/B comparison wipe, user can click anywhere in the VFB to specify the dividing line without carefully pin the mouse to where the existing dividing line is. i.e. the current dividing line is snapped to user mouse click position.
    • Ability to move the two points of the A/B comparison dividing line along edges of the frame to decide how the A and B-side is divided (tangent of the dividing line). For example, in a vertical swipe, if the top control point is somewhere on the top edge of the frame, user can move the other control point from default position of somewhere at the bottom edge to any position on the screen right or left edge.

How you guys think about these features?
    Last edited by jasonhuang1115; 14-03-2016, 10:10 AM.
    always curious...

We will probably do the first three; the fourth - defintely not, and the last two - probably not.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi, Vlado, good to know there is a chance for the first three. For the last two counts, is it mostly due to the difficulty of implementing that or something else?
      My take is the last two are not crucial features that are "must-have" as we already have a vertical/horizontal wipe. But if it won't hinder other feature's development and make sense in terms of better efficiency, would love to see these to be added as low-priority features.
      always curious...

Comment

Originally posted by jasonhuang1115 View Post
        My take is the last two are not crucial features that are "must-have" as we already have a vertical/horizontal wipe. But if it won't hinder other feature's development and make sense in terms of better efficiency, would love to see these to be added as low-priority features.
        Because, eventually we will probably replace the VFB with a different implementation and it might make more sense to wait until then.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I see. That's really cool...and exciting... believe you and the team have some master plan cooking...
          always curious...

Comment

Working...
          X