alRemapFloat for Vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alRemapFloat for Vray?

The alRemapFloat node is pretty nifty. Is there something equivalent in Vray? Maybe buried in those plugins somewhere?

Yes, I finished up something similar for OSL, I'll post it here this weekend. : )
    Rens Heeren
    Generalist
    WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

What are the differences to the original Maya remapValue, remapColor and remapHsv nodes?
      Why would you want to use this kind of node?
      V-Ray developer

Comment

Originally posted by t.petrov View Post
        What are the differences to the original Maya remapValue, remapColor and remapHsv nodes?
        Why would you want to use this kind of node?
        One use would be to take a black and white map, and set min and max values in the node, then pipe this into the glossiness of a VrayMtl. Let's say I put in min:0.4, max 0.8. The node would then say "where the map is black make my glossiness 0.4 and where the map is white put in 0.8 and where it is grey make it in-between."

Comment

You can write your own shader that does this quite easily; or you can use a GLSL/OSL shader for this. The TexOutput plugin could be used for this too, perhaps - you can enable its output_clamp option and then adjust the color_mult and color_offset to get the desired remapping.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Last edited by vlado; 08-04-2016, 08:28 AM.
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by sharktacos View Post
            One use would be to take a black and white map, and set min and max values in the node, then pipe this into the glossiness of a VrayMtl. Let's say I put in min:0.4, max 0.8. The node would then say "where the map is black make my glossiness 0.4 and where the map is white put in 0.8 and where it is grey make it in-between."
            maya's remap node does that exact thing no?
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
              maya's remap node does that exact thing no?
              Yes, I use Maya's remap nodes (remapValue/HSV/Color) for these things all the time.

Comment

Working...
              X