GI Contribution in Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI Contribution in Lights

hey this would be really handy to have! for some time i thought we where going to get it in V3.3 but haven't seen it yet! will we get it in 3.4?

Love to see that for a while....we will get there I guess.
    always curious...

Comment

I still fail to see a practical use case for this...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hmm - it'd be handy for compers if you're working with renders that are badly wrong (well done lighters who think their sky light should be brighter than the sun) or if you just wanted to do look dev stuff in a multilight type of style. It's kind of what RT is for but a lot of people would be more comfortable playing around with light balance in nuke or photoshop rather than in 3d. I take it that doing this would limit your GI choices to brute / brute only though.

Comment

Hm, do you mean indirect contribution of lights to light select elements, or just a multiplier for the GI contribution of lights? I think the original post was about the second item, whereas you mean the first (and I can totally see the use case for that).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah yes I see what you mean - so you'd be having almost "direct only" lights or a spinner to kind of break the physics of the thing. Since GI is the bounce of the direct off a surface is it kind of already handled by the gi mutliplier of the surface that's hit by your light and also things like using a brighter or darker material for the GI calculations via the override material?

Comment

I guess the original post means "indirect contribution of lights to light select elements". Or at leas that's what I hope to see.
              always curious...

Comment

i think you may be right! to a certain extent, its basic GI multiplier but on a light leve radar then a object

Comment

Working...
                X