Possible VFB improvement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible VFB improvement?

Thought i would write here, couple things i always wish when i lookdev, are:

1. It would be fantastic to click on object in VFB and select shader assigned to that object.
    2. At least navigating like rotation with alt key would be neat. I know there is viewport RT, but it's sluggish and you can't easily crop a section or change total resolution of it without messing with size of your viewPane, VFB is just so much more robust in many ways.

Just throwing it out there.

Selection is somewhere on the "to do" list; in fact selection is implemented in the code since a very long time just not hooked up.

As for navigation, I really think this should be handled by viewport RT, regardless of what Arnold is doing. You can change the viewport RT resolution from the IPR tab - the image will be scaled to fill the viewport.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Selection is somewhere on the "to do" list; in fact selection is implemented in the code since a very long time just not hooked up.

As for navigation, I really think this should be handled by viewport RT, regardless of what Arnold is doing. You can change the viewport RT resolution from the IPR tab - the image will be scaled to fill the viewport.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Any plans to hook that feature up soon, it would boast workflow quite a bit for people for sure?

I wasn't really comparing to Arnold, don't like it all that much haha, i was actually liking it in Maxwell Fire as a feature. Just pure love for VFB snappiness and navigation since forever, being able to rotate when your viewport is obscured by VFB i think can yield in great work speed improvement (especially for people on single display setups). I find myself rarely using viewport RT especially being on 4k display. This is obviously subjective etc. Whatever you guys do is already awesome, i'm sure your list is huge with more core improvements than UX design.

Comment

Working...
      X