OpenEXR Extra Attributes as a layeroverride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenEXR Extra Attributes as a layeroverride

ATM I can right click to create layer overrrides for other attributes in the OpenEXR options. The Extra Attibutes attribute does not allow this.

This would be useful to embed per-layer data into the exr.

**Edit: Also just tried pymel to ensure it wasnt an issue with the image format panel. override functionality did not work.

I could set it up so that the embedded data is set prior to each frame rendering but i prefer the idea of using a layer override if it can be implemented
    Last edited by monsteradurm; 13-07-2016, 04:11 PM.

What Maya version is this? Is it with the new layer setup system in 2016.5?
    And most importantly - is this about the image format options in the render settings or some extra attributes on the file node?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
      What Maya version is this? Is it with the new layer setup system in 2016.5?
      And most importantly - is this about the image format options in the render settings or some extra attributes on the file node?
      2016, this is not using the new layer setup system. This is regarding the image format options from the render settings yes. Though I did also try to set the renderlayer override via pymel, which I can set with setAttr fine, it just doesnt hold the info when switching between them ( because the override isn't sticking).

Comment

I can confirm that this control cannot have a render layer override. I'll add a note to our system about this.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Hm, I seem to remember this came up before and we did things about it... but maybe I'm wrong, will check.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

If this fix does make its way into one of the stable nightly builds soon I would love to start incorporating it into the pipeline here. Will make the maya to nuke workflow for us considerably easier.

Comment

I'll let you know once it's there
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Ive noticed with the latest 3.4.04 release I can finally use pymel to layer-override the EXR metadata. THANKS!

Not a big issue as far as our pipeline is concerned, but just so you know, we arent able to use the right click context menu to set an override (no context menu appears) - it will only work via pymel. Not an issue for me, just letting you know.

Comment

You should be able to set an override by right-clicking on the attribute label in 3.40.04.
                  V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Comment

Or even middle-mouse drag the label into the "drag attribute" field in the new render setup in 2016.5 and 2017.
                    Alex Yolov
                    Product Manager
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                    X