• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The VRScans Library Scene

Well, the title cheekily says it all
    The scene I mean is the one you use to showcase the VRScans
    https://www.chaosgroup.com/gallery/fabric-green-pattern

The VRScans you have done are obviously superb, and "officially" correct. Therefore a perfect comparison.

Obviously when scratch creating our own standard materials and comparing them would be void without exactly the same lighting,cam and scene setup.
    Would it be possible to get that scene as a Maya scene ? (I know we can't render the scanned material but the rest of it is interesting)

Hi ricoholmes,

Thank you for bringing the question. We will upload the scene for Max and Maya users on our VRscans docs page here. Just give us one or two days and you can download it.

Cheers.
    Dinko Dimitrov
    VP VRscans
    Chaos Software

Comment

That's outstanding news! Thank you. It'll provide a superb foundation for comparison. I've long wished there was a library (however small) of Chaosgroup sanctioned materials with materials that have physically accurate Vray attributes in Maya format. This will provide a great comparison base. Much appreciated !

Comment

Originally posted by ricoholmes View Post
        That's outstanding news! Thank you. It'll provide a superb foundation for comparison. I've long wished there was a library (however small) of Chaosgroup sanctioned materials with materials that have physically accurate Vray attributes in Maya format. This will provide a great comparison base. Much appreciated !
        Hi ricoholmes,

The requested scene is now available on our docs page. Hope it will be useful for you.
        Dinko Dimitrov
        VP VRscans
        Chaos Software

Comment

Oh that's superb. Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
          X