Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray reducing tool

Hi

When we Put together a cad model in Maya. The reducing tool in Maya simply dont work well. In the translation from Simens NX we used the jt format. The Model is ok by import, but trying to reduce the sice after import. Maya does a bad job.
    At good workng reducing tool cut be a great update in the workflow.
    In NX we have a wrap tools. that simplifies a complex assambly by computing a solid envelop that encloses it.
    A Simply Assambly tool that creats single airtight solid body from an assembly that preservves the exterior details while removing theinterior details.

When my Department was visited Lego A/S, we so a selfmade reducing tool wheer thay used the light, for reducing. Everything the light was not hitting was deleted.

Thank for a Super Software
    Best regads
    Kent Hansen
    Technical Animator
    MAN Diesel & Turbo
    Teglholmsgde 41
    2450 Copenhgen

The .vrmesh proxy export has some algorithm for mesh simplification - does it look like it might work for you?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Chers Vlado
      I will take a look in to that.
      thanks
      Kent

Comment

Depends on what kind of reduction you need. Generally vray will handle the entire mesh it might not be desirable. I would suggest looking into zbrush zremesher, which is a built in plugin to reduce meshes while preserving details. You can paint areas where to reduce etc.

Alternativly, 3ds max pro optimizer, which is similar.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

You could also check symplygon. I haven't used their product, but it looks very similar to what you want.
          Last edited by Mihail.Djurev; 04-11-2016, 04:35 AM.
          V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Comment

Thaks Mihail
            I look in to this
            Kent

Comment

Working...
            X