Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokens for RE filenames

Hi!
    Would it be possible to implement simple tokens for the renderelement output filenames? We often name our multimattes like 'mm_mat_01_03' or mm_obj_101_103' to give people a clue to what objects they are related.
    It would be handy if we won't have to do this twice: in the renderelements nodename and also in the filename. Maybe we could just name the RE node and propagate this name to the filename instead? The 'vrayRE_' should be stripped optional, but that would just be a bonus. Thanks!

Originally posted by pechart View Post
    Maybe we could just name the RE node and propagate this name to the filename instead? The 'vrayRE_' should be stripped optional, but that would just be a bonus. Thanks!
    We could do that, but how is that going to be less work? Renaming the node, or changing a node attribute - there isn't much difference?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It would. Now we have to rename the node first, then copy&paste the new name into the filename attr (at the right position).

Comment

Originally posted by pechart View Post
        It would. Now we have to rename the node first, then copy&paste the new name into the filename attr (at the right position).
        And you need to rename the node for scene bookkeeping purposes?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Yes. When you have 30 passes with IDs you need some information on what's inside.

Comment

Ok, I see. So if we added an option to take the element name from the Maya node name, that would be enough?

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Absolutely, thanks!

Comment

+1 on this ... I do rename a lot as well, so that will be super helpful.

Comment

We've put a checkbox that does that. It will be available in 3.5.
                  V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Comment

Nice, that's a nifty little option

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Saw the update in a recent nightly, thanks for that. Unfortunatly we just wanted that for the multimatte-elements... I think a global override is a bit to much. A checkbox per element would be more what I thought of. But anyway, thanks a lot, that will already help!

Comment

Working...
                        X