Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR option to disable RE

Hi,

i would find it useful to have an option in IPR settings to turn off the RE separately. In
    heavy scenes with a lot of RenderElements the IPR fills memory continuously up until freeze.

If you use the enable/disable all button on the other hand, it often happens, that you forget to turn it on again for batch render...

Maybe other people might also like the idea??

Cheers
    Dominik
    Dominik Markota | Head of CGI | Senior Shading & Lighting TD @ Serviceplan MAKE

So basically a switch, that would be ignored in batch, like the one for distributed rendering? Would be nice for me. Maybe just a shortcut to the enable/disable all option for the RE and the additional option to always enable in batchmode.

Comment

Yeah, something like that!

Comment

Will see what can be done about it. If you run the IPR in the viewport, we do ignore the render elements.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Will see what can be done about it. If you run the IPR in the viewport, we do ignore the render elements.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Thanks Vlado,
          sometimes it's useful to have it even in IPR - so generally I would'nt disable it...

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
            Vlado
            You can run it in viewport? How? I don't see it in Extended Viewports (I'm using one of the latest nightlies).
            Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
            AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

In Maya, you click on Renderer > V-Ray IPR in the viewport menu.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Viewport IPR is great! The alternate option would come in handy, too, though. Thanks, Vlado!

Comment

The viewport IPR is a cool feature, but is not that handy with a 14million-poly car geometry...

Comment

Why not? You have 4 viewports, setting them one to IPR is no different that keeping the VFB open.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Hm, not that bad argument... I'll give it a try!

Comment

Working...
                      X