V-Ray for Houdini Forum Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray for Houdini Forum Thread

Since there is no thread on your current forum I thought I would put in a request to have one. I see you have V-Ray for Houdini for R15. I'm in the process of adding Houdini to my shop in anticipation of dropping Maya thanks to Autodesk's onerous new maintenance renewal policy. Hoping you have a release sometime soon for R16 of Houdini which is the version I have.

I have to believe I'm not the only one who would like to see this. Love V-Ray for Modo which I already own. (and Maya... it's just that is probably going away for me). Having only 1 render engine to deal with for all of my 3D software is nice and having that be V-Ray is awesome.
    Maya, Modo, Houdini, Harmony
    2018 MBP, 32Gb, 2.9Ghz i9, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4Gb

We would love a Forum as well and a general update on the status of Vray for Houdini. Currently can't get the linux build to work.

-- Erik

Comment

There is a build of V-Ray for Houdini 16 in the nightly build from what I can see. Does it work for you?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Was not aware of that. I currently do not have access to nightly builds. I'll send an email so that I may have access to that and to the nightly builds on Modo. When you are closer to a product or a release having a formal Forum group for Houdini I'm sure would be worthwhile.

Tnx
        Maya, Modo, Houdini, Harmony
        2018 MBP, 32Gb, 2.9Ghz i9, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4Gb

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          There is a build of V-Ray for Houdini 16 in the nightly build from what I can see. Does it work for you?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Nope, getting instant crash. I'll create a ticket on github.

-- Erik

EDIT: Added it to the Support for Houdini 16 issue instead of creating a new.
          Last edited by GoodbyeKansas; 09-05-2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Nice that vray is coming to Houdini! Here also a lot of crashes with Houdini 16, but it does work under our linux. Could not find a way to add subdivisions to objects.
            Last edited by scorpes; 07-06-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Hello, when vray for houdini will be official ? only an github branch not actualised since 4 month.
              Arnold for houdini, redshift for houdini, octane for houdini, but no vray for houdini highlighted on chaosgroup website, and no official forum for vray for houdini on chaosgroup forums.
              I am a bit in the dark about future of vray for Houdini.
              I am a little worried on this point.
              how is chaosgroup considering the future of v-ray for houdini ? thank you.

Comment

+1 for this.
                I really hope you guys won't miss the houdini train that is gaining more and more penetration right now.
                KCTOO - Directors

Comment

I am a little worried on this point.
                  how is chaosgroup considering the future of v-ray for houdini ? thank you.
                  Hey there, guys, thanks for the interest in the Houdini integration. V-Ray for Houdini is being actively developed. Sorry for keeping you in the dark - we're not at liberty to discuss for the time being
                  gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Another +1 for this!

I'm currently still in the phase of creating assets in Houdini > alembic > rendering in Max/Vray. But getting more familiar with the software, having V-ray directly in houdini in the (not so) long run, is starting to make more and more sense...
                    Is there a ballpark timeframe when (and if) this will become reality? months, year(s)?
                    Thanks

Comment

Hey, i was hoping to see some progress on Vray for houdini too..., Being a 10+years vray user it makes me sad, to buy/use Redshift(because of growing Houdini jobs/clients)..., instead using my native v-ray inside houdini. Unfortunately i think you already missed the train, redshift houdini user base is very strong.

I hope it will not take long for you to catch up so i can use my favorite rendering engine there too Fingers crossed and looking forward for some good news.

Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

Originally posted by Gosho.Genchev View Post

Hey there, guys, thanks for the interest in the Houdini integration. V-Ray for Houdini is being actively developed. Sorry for keeping you in the dark - we're not at liberty to discuss for the time being
                        Great news, please consider an OSX version. We would use VRay for Nuke if it was available for OSX, it would be a real disappoint meant to be locked out of a VRay for Houdini also.
                        www.lunaranimation.com

Comment

Working...
                        X