Lens and DOF effects...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens and DOF effects...

I've been playing around with a lot of depth of field effects and lens distortions.

I've played around with mapping some images into the physical camera aperture maps and gotten some decent results. To a certain extent you can control things like bokah dirtyness, aspect ratio, blade notching and chromatic aberration with the image you use as an aperture map. It would be great though to implement some other things into the renderer though.

Things like chromatic/achromatic aberration (more control than you can get with an aperture map like the ability to dial it up more or have it more apparent towards the edges etc.), spherical aberration (w ability to set different maps for front and back) , lens astigmatism, field curvature, photometric burnout.

It would also be great to be able to dial into the render things like lens diffusion that will halo light sources and the ability to add different maps to change the intensity or appearance of the halo. I know there is the post lens effects, but I've never gotten a particularly good results from those. Mostly I think because the diffusion has to happen in the lens (otherwise cinematographers would just add diffusion in post and have more control over the results.

Some of these features maybe are already implemented and I just don't know about it. If that is the case, please let me know where I can find them!!

I love vray and am always blown away at the quality of the renders I get. These features would be the cherry on the top
    Thanks for your consideration.

I'll put a note for the devs, thanks for the input.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X