Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better IPR (CPU)

Hi Vlado and devs,

I noticed the improvements in IPR over the 3.x development but I still wish the IPR (CPU) in Maya can be more responsive.

In terms of IPR start/stop, if the scene translation time (with geo and map cached) can't be much better for whatever technical hurdles, at least I hope IPR can be stopped promptly. Depends on how heavy the scene, it took 4 to 5 seconds to stop IPR on my box.

If the start/stop can't be much improved, I hope IPR can be really stable and robust so that users can turn it on right after a scene is loaded and pretty much leave it always-on, with like 2~3 threads reserved UI. to do all sorts of scene updates including geometries, shading networks, lightings, etc. with prompt updates in VFB. Meaning, ideally users only wait for the scene translations to start IPR the very first time.

I am happy about overall how fast IPR clear out the noises (not to mention we got RT GUP in our arsenal). But I hope I can be wow-ed by V-Ray 4 even if there is no new features but super responsive IPR while users editing the scene. I would even trade render time for faster updates in IPR to be honest.

cheers,
    Jason
    always curious...

We know that we have to rework the way change notifications are handled from the Maya code, but I don't know when we will get to it yet. It's on the "to do" list though.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. As long as it's on the "to do" list, I know you guys will get to it eventually.

Do you think it's possible to add a feature where IPR reflects the shading effect of a selected shading node or partial shading tree (in Hypershade or Node Editor) in VFB? I can save some time creating ExtraTex REs or plugging a bitmap/procedural map to a surface shader.
      always curious...

Comment

We have something like this in V-Ray for Modo, so it's definitely possible...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Can we have it on the "to-do" list as well, please?
          always curious...

Comment

Working...
          X