Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resumable rendering

Hi,
    resumable rendering is a great new feature. I have 1 request that would improve it for us.

An option to also autosave the rendered image alongside the .vrprog file during a resumable rendering. That way, it would be much easier to check the result or even start comping with a preliminary render.

Cheers, Florian
    Florian von Behr
    CG Supervisor
    The Scope GmbH
    Behance

The rendered image is in fact saved alongside the resumable file in the output format that you've set for your scene. With each render with the "resumable" option enabled, you should have two files - your output image and the resumable file. Btw, the next release for V-Ray for Maya (3.60.01) will allow you to load the .vrprog files in the VFB directly, so you can check what's saved there. Until the release comes out, this feature is available in the 3.60.01 stable nightly builds.
    Does this work in the way you need it to?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi,
      I tested the feature yesterday and only the .vrprog is saved during the autosave intervals. The rendered image is only saved at the end.
      I also discovered by accident that you can load the .vrscene in the VFB in 3.60.01 but it seems to be broken at the moment. I can select the file and open it but the VFB does not displays it.

Cheers, Florian
      Florian von Behr
      CG Supervisor
      The Scope GmbH
      Behance

Comment

The vrprog opens just fine here on my end, what's the vray build number that you're using? Can you send over the .vrprog that doesn't open for you so we can check on it here?
        For the bucket render, the ready buckets are written to file when using multichannel exr and vrimg - with or without resumable rendering - the file will be written.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

The build is 27650. I'll see if I can get a .vrprog that I can share.
          Florian von Behr
          CG Supervisor
          The Scope GmbH
          Behance

Comment

It seems to work fine in my testscene. Great. I'll try to figure out why it didn't work in the other scene I tried yesterday.
            Florian von Behr
            CG Supervisor
            The Scope GmbH
            Behance

Comment

Working...
            X