Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abort render and save result

Hi,
    it would be great to have an option to write the current result to disc, when a render is stopped. We are rendering with V-Ray standalone and Deadline. When I stop a V-Ray render in Deadline, the rendering is just aborted and the result up to this point is lost. Especially with progressive sampling it would be awesome if the rendered result could be saved to disc instead of just stopping the render.

Cheers, Florian
    Florian von Behr
    CG Supervisor
    The Scope GmbH
    Behance

This should actually be possible with V-Ray. If you write out to multichannel exr or vrimg with the bucket sampler - whatever buckets are done will be written to a file. (vrimg files can be converted to exr with the vrimg2exr tool that comes with the installation). For the progressive sampler, you can enable the "resumable option" which will produce a .vrprog that with the next V-Ray for Maya release can be loaded for preview directly in the VFB (the 3.60.01 stable nighlty builds already have this feature).
    Does this sound like something you can use in your workflow?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

I guess what I want is something like this:

Lets say I start a resumable rendering with progressive sampling and Auto Save set to 60 minutes. If I stop the rendering on the farm, I loose all sampling that was done after the last autosave occured. It would be great if there was a way to tell a running render to stop right now and save the current result. That way we could stop renderings at any time and not loose anything.

Cheers, Florian
      Florian von Behr
      CG Supervisor
      The Scope GmbH
      Behance

Comment

Working...
      X