Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR to support switching cameras

Hi,

I suppose this is not supported yet in 3.6 or 3.x, if there will be one. Would it be possible to switch cameras during IPR without re-translate the scene?
    Sometimes I'd like to check the result from several camera positions against photographed references. It'd speed up the process by saving the time of stop IPR and start for a different camera.

Thanks,
    Jason
    always curious...

I'll make a note to the developers to consider your request.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

That won't be easy to implement at all. It's a major change in our exporter and it's closely tied to being able to export multiple cameras to the same vrscene and switch between them - there's already multiple requests for this, but we're not there yet.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
        That won't be easy to implement at all. It's a major change in our exporter and it's closely tied to being able to export multiple cameras to the same vrscene and switch between them - there's already multiple requests for this, but we're not there yet.
        yolov, thanks Alex. Good to know where we are. I have used this feature in another renderer and feel it's very handy and hence request it. Understand it's gonna be a major undertaking. As long as it's in the work, I look forward to seeing it implemented one day.
        always curious...

Comment

Where have you used this feature?
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
            Where have you used this feature?
            In MtoA (Arnold), after IPR is started, one can switch to any camera that is in the scene and IPR respects that change and updates rendered pixels in the arnold frame buffer without re-translate the scene.
            always curious...

Comment

Working...
            X