No announcement yet.

V-Ray Next for Modo, BETA is ready for you to test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please write an e-mail to support@chaosgroup.com and they will figure it out.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Great release! Seems to me that the core of Vray Next for Modo is already using the features of the "Update 1" of 3ds Max (like dispersion on GPU and Buckets on GPU) so we will have almost an aligned feature set version from 3ds Max to Modo?

Comment

Originally posted by aluxado View Post
        Great release! Seems to me that the core of Vray Next for Modo is already using the features of the "Update 1" of 3ds Max (like dispersion on GPU and Buckets on GPU) so we will have almost an aligned feature set version from 3ds Max to Modo?
        The V-Ray core that will be in this release is somewhere between update 1 and update 2 for V-Ray for 3ds Max.
        Can't promise any feature parity, but yes V-Ray for Modo has a lot of the stuff that V-Ray for 3ds Max has.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

The V-Ray core that will be in this release is somewhere between update 1 and update 2 for V-Ray for 3ds Max.
          Can't promise any feature parity, but yes V-Ray for Modo has a lot of the stuff that V-Ray for 3ds Max has.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Great to hear!

Looking in the Beta, I can't find the GPU bucket mode. Is this something missing to implement in the future nightly or is somewhere and I can't find it?

Thanks!

A.

Comment

Originally posted by aluxado View Post

Great to hear!

Looking in the Beta, I can't find the GPU bucket mode. Is this something missing to implement in the future nightly or is somewhere and I can't find it?

Thanks!

A.
            It's hidden, because it's not quite finished yet.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

It's hidden, because it's not quite finished yet.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              Ah ok! I think we can be quite happy with all these features coming on Vray for Modo!

Comment

oh cool, I look forward to the release! Will Random Walk SSS be available in this version too?

best
                christian

Comment

Originally posted by 7enith View Post
                  oh cool, I look forward to the release! Will Random Walk SSS be available in this version too?

best
                  christian
                  We now have the "V-Ray Scatter Volume" material in Modo, the one that V-Ray for 3ds Max has had for some time.
                  I don't know whether it's exactly equivalent to random walk SSS.

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Hello,

I installed vray next beta and I have a -197 error license. Seems that the license can't run with the beta. I installed this file cgls_win_5.2.2 to update my license server but still not working. I dunno what's going wrong.
                    I reinstalled old version of vray 3.7 and this licence vrlservice_win_4.5.1 and everything ok.
                    I also try on modo 13.
                    You know what the problem happends?

Tks

Comment

Did you register for the beta like the first post in this thread mentions ?

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Ho, I guess I forgot. Ok I'll check
                        .)

Comment

Working...
                        X