IMPORTANT : About borrowing licenses before the V-Ray for MODO BETA ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT : About borrowing licenses before the V-Ray for MODO BETA ends

The online license server won't allow you to borrow a license, if its expiration date is less than 2 weeks away (the borrow period).
    Since the V-Ray for MODO Beta licenses expire on 2016.07.14 , if you want to borrow them for the rest of the beta, you should do so before this Thursday.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
    The online license server won't allow you to borrow a license, if its expiration date is less than 2 weeks away (the borrow period).
    Since the V-Ray for MODO Beta licenses expire on 2016.07.14 , if you want to borrow them for the rest of the beta, you should do so before this Thursday.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Is there a chance we got some information about moving from beta to commercial licenses in advance so we can move smoothly with our continues work? I am currently using V-Ray for Modo beta for some commercial projects and fear to loose avaliability of the software?

And by the way - are there any chance for discounts for loyal betatester and/or possibility to switch actual V-Ray for Rhino license to V-Ray for Modo?

All best,
    Jakub
    makebelievegraphics.com

Comment

Is there a chance we got some information about moving from beta to commercial licenses in advance so we can move smoothly with our continues work? I am currently using V-Ray for Modo beta for some commercial projects and fear to loose avaliability of the software?
      If everything goes according to plan, there will be an announcement by the end of this week and you will also receive an e-mail about the release.
      I will also post a new thread in this forum.

And by the way - are there any chance for discounts for loyal betatester and/or possibility to switch actual V-Ray for Rhino license to V-Ray for Modo?
      You can ask sales@chaosgroup.com for upgrading from V-Ray for Rhino to V-Ray for MODO. Might be better to wait until after the announcement though.
      Otherwise, the e-mail you will receive should contain information about discounts/deals for beta testers.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

If everything goes according to plan, there will be an announcement by the end of this week and you will also receive an e-mail about the release.
        I will also post a new thread in this forum.

You can ask sales@chaosgroup.com for upgrading from V-Ray for Rhino to V-Ray for MODO. Might be better to wait until after the announcement though.
        Otherwise, the e-mail you will receive should contain information about discounts/deals for beta testers.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev

Ok, thank you for the answers! I will than wait and hope for some nice deals
        makebelievegraphics.com

Comment

Do you know what is going on with Vray for Houdini? Keep hearing mentions of it and wondering with some of the changes to the online license and away from a dongle if chaos group might be thinking of switching to how Arnold and Maxwell sell license just for the render engine and can use plug-ins, in any host application?

Comment

Originally posted by Dentzz View Post
            Do you know what is going on with Vray for Houdini? Keep hearing mentions of it and wondering with some of the changes to the online license and away from a dongle if chaos group might be thinking of switching to how Arnold and Maxwell sell license just for the render engine and can use plug-ins, in any host application?
            I don't know the answer to these questions.
            Personally, I don't think you can draw a connection between online licensing and the fact that we have a separate UI license per host application plug-in.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

I don't know the answer to these questions.
              Personally, I don't think you can draw a connection between online licensing and the fact that we have a separate UI license per host application plug-in.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              Not so much drawing a conclusion as hoping that you do this. Chaosgroup went from not supporting any 3d app I use to support for Modo and hopefully future support for Houdini.

Comment

Originally posted by Dentzz View Post
                Do you know what is going on with Vray for Houdini?
                V-Ray for Houdini is a bit different than most our other integrations in that the code is on Github and we will make the source code openly available once it's in a more complete state later this year. This means that the V-Ray for Houdini translator plugin will be, basically, free. You still need a render node license, but if you own any other V-Ray product (Max, Maya, Nuke, Modo) you already have the render licenses. At least that's the plan for now.

Keep hearing mentions of it and wondering with some of the changes to the online license and away from a dongle if chaos group might be thinking of switching to how Arnold and Maxwell sell license just for the render engine and can use plug-ins, in any host application?
                We are not considering this at the moment; this is because most of the work (like 90%) on a product goes into the integration itself and not so much on the rendering side. Besides, the relatively cheap render nodes give us a distinct advantage for larger scale projects. We do plan to introduce some kind of bundle licensing that would allow you to use the same GUI license inside Max, Maya and whatever, but we are not yet ready with this.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Of course, the plans did change, hopefully the announcement will be made sometime next week.
                  If we still haven't released V-Ray for MODO before July 11, we will increase the beta license expiration dates for just a little bit more.

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Of course, the plans did change, hopefully the announcement will be made sometime next week.
                    If we still haven't released V-Ray for MODO before July 11, we will increase the beta license expiration dates for just a little bit more.

Greetings,
                    Vladimir Nedev
                    Yes please, don't live us without running license
                    makebelievegraphics.com

Comment

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev
                      I will buy it immediately when released but PLEASE don't leave us without a license for a day or whatever. I am in the middle of a tight deadline and really don't want surprises.
                      I think we need to work through re-sellers.... I am just worried they take a day or two to process the purchase and then the beta expires.

Comment

Originally posted by BVA View Post
                        I will buy it immediately when released but PLEASE don't leave us without a license for a day or whatever. I am in the middle of a tight deadline and really don't want surprises.
                        I think we need to work through re-sellers.... I am just worried they take a day or two to process the purchase and then the beta expires.
                        Yes, I was worried about the time to process an order as well.
                        If this turns out to be an issue, we can also extend licenses on an individual basis.

Greetings,
                        Vladimir Nedev

Comment

If this turns out to be an issue, we can also extend licenses on an individual basis.

Greetings,
                          Vladimir Nedev
                          Sounds good, thanks!

Comment

Greetings,
                            Vladimir Nedev
                            Thank you Vladimir, appreciate that. We are also in the middle of intensive projects and cannot afford loosing access to render engine for a day.

All best,
                            Jakub
                            makebelievegraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              V-Ray for Houdini is a bit different than most our other integrations in that the code is on Github and we will make the source code openly available once it's in a more complete state later this year. This means that the V-Ray for Houdini translator plugin will be, basically, free. You still need a render node license, but if you own any other V-Ray product (Max, Maya, Nuke, Modo) you already have the render licenses. At least that's the plan for now.

We are not considering this at the moment; this is because most of the work (like 90%) on a product goes into the integration itself and not so much on the rendering side. Besides, the relatively cheap render nodes give us a distinct advantage for larger scale projects. We do plan to introduce some kind of bundle licensing that would allow you to use the same GUI license inside Max, Maya and whatever, but we are not yet ready with this.

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              Great, had been mulling over which program I wanted to be doing vray rendering in before making a purchase. If the Houdini Translator can be used with a V-Ray render /V-RayModo product license this solves that question. Look forward to getting the email about VrayModo release sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X