Area light visibility to reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area light visibility to reflections

For tomorrow's nightly build ( 2016.10.25 ), V-Ray for MODO will ignore the Visible in Reflection Rays channel of the area light.
    This is needed, because MODO ignores this option (when multiple importance sampling (MIS) is enabled) since MODO 901 and even has it disabled in the UI since MODO 10.1v2.

The Affect Reflections channel in the V-Ray Light tab will be used by V-Ray instead.
    Also, this channel now defaults to ON.
    Since the channel is used by the cylinder, dome, spherical (point + make spherical enabled) and now the area light, any old scene using these lights may render differently.
    You should have this in mind when updating to this new build.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Thanks for the info! I just noticed it that you had to deactivate MIS in order to enable the reflections

Comment

Originally posted by 7enith View Post
      Thanks for the info! I just noticed it that you had to deactivate MIS in order to enable the reflections
      Yes, that's why I made the above change, so you won't have to do that when using V-Ray instead of the MODO renderer.
      Also it's better to have the lights visible in reflections by default, which was not the case before.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
      X