Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [new build] Build 3.52.01

Hi,

We have released a new official build (version 3.52.01).

You can download the new builds from here : https://download.chaosgroup.com/?product=47&platform=53
    You can see the full list of changes here : https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAYMODO/3.52.01

There is a 20% off promotion which ends June 23, 2017.

Also, this release comes with the option to try the full version for 30 days.
    The previous demo builds had restrictions on the number of lights/geometry and the resolution, which the new trial builds do not have.
    You can setup your trial from here : https://www.chaosgroup.com/download-free-trials

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 10-06-2017, 01:34 AM. Reason: Adding link to trial page.
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

The highlights of this release are:

Support for MODO 11

Adaptive Lights - Fast new lighting algorithm that speeds up rendering up to 7x faster in scenes with many lights.

Improved GPU rendering - Significant speed improvements, smarter memory management and support for more production features than ever before.

alSurface material - General-purpose shader by Anders Langlands with layered SSS and glossy fresnel reflections - popular for skin.

Glossy Fresnel - New, physically-accurate reflection model.

Texture Isolate - Isolate selected textures directly on your model during interactive rendering for easier texture placement and fine-tuning of procedural textures like Dirt or Noise.

Render zoom & Enhance region - Zero in on any part of your image to fine-tune your renders quickly and easily.

Powerful new VFB controls - Select Materials and items directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer. Plus new camera controls let you change focus distance and F-Stop.

Interactive lens effects - GPU-accelerated glare and bloom effects that can be enabled and adjusted while rendering.

V-Ray scene reference - Reference and render a complete V-Ray scene file created in any application.

Open Shading Language (OSL) Support - Write your own materials and procedural textures or download and use those developed by the OSL community.

Note that the alSurface material was in the 3.40.02 builds already, but we didn't have time to properly market it during that release, so it got added in the marketing communications for this release instead.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 31-05-2017, 09:05 AM.
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Congrats on the release Vladimir
      Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
      I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks Very nice update.

Comment

Great job Vladimir!

Comment

FYI, the demo for 3.5 doesn't seem to be up anymore? The above link doesn't show 3.5 either.
                All I see is 3.4 standalone, modo isn't showing up.

Comment

Cool!
                  Does shadow catcher is enable on GPU? I red this
                  RT GPU

• The 3.5 GPU core adds support for:

- Adaptive Lights
                  - V-Ray Clipper (only in non-mesh mode)
                  - Shadow Catcher
                  - V-Ray Aerial Perspective
                  - V-Ray Stochastic Flakes material
                  - Directional channel of Area Light
                  - V-Ray Render Mask
                  - Velocity render element

Comment

Originally posted by Barba10 View Post
                    Cool!
                    Does shadow catcher is enable on GPU? I red this
                    RT GPU

• The 3.5 GPU core adds support for:

- Adaptive Lights
                    - V-Ray Clipper (only in non-mesh mode)
                    - Shadow Catcher
                    - V-Ray Aerial Perspective
                    - V-Ray Stochastic Flakes material
                    - Directional channel of Area Light
                    - V-Ray Render Mask
                    - Velocity render element
                    It won't properly update during RT GPU, you need to enable it before starting RT GPU. That's a limitation in the RT GPU core and is the same in other V-Ray integrations.
                    The Aerial perspective won't update in RT GPU as well, but that's something I can fix on my side and have it logged as an issue.

Greetings,
                    Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Originally posted by brijcharan View Post
                      FYI, the demo for 3.5 doesn't seem to be up anymore? The above link doesn't show 3.5 either.
                      All I see is 3.4 standalone, modo isn't showing up.
                      I've included a link to the trial page in the original post. Here it is again: https://www.chaosgroup.com/download-free-trials

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Yes, turns out Brij can't read. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X