Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render elements do not disappear from the drop-down when they are deleted

Hi all,

I have deleted some render elements I didn't want anymore, but they are still visible in the drop-down list of the render viewport. How can I delete them from that list?

They will disappear once you re-render the image or reopen Modo, or if you are running RT, once you restart it.
    That's a design decision, the VFB will remember your last render (with its elements), even if you open another scene, or make changes like deleting render element items in the source scene.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

well, that's the problem. They stay. Even when I restart Modo. (I also checked to be sure that no render elements are left that I do not want anymore)

Comment

Oh, I understand now.

Sometimes Modo will leave render elements that are not parented to the Shader Tree.
        I think it happens when you merge/import scenes.
        And I don't think it's even possible to access them from the UI.

I have an issue logged to ignore them.
        But even if I do ignore them they will be left cluttering your scene.

You can select all render elements (except the few special V-Ray ones, like light select and multi-matte, for these you need a separate command),
        using the command select.itemType renderOutput then deselect the ones you still need in the Shader Tree, and hit the Delete key.
        That should delete them for good.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Also not working sadly. Will have to live with it this time

Comment

Do you have the denoiser enabled? That will add a bunch of render outputs
            Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
            I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

Howdy, Robert,

Thank you for the post.

Well, could please check if the scene file is read only, I guess this is the problem.

Cheers,
              Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
              E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

is there any new info on this. Im having the same problem. I tried all suggestions on this thread and i still cant get this REs to be removed

Comment

Hey,

Thank you for the post. Could you please, check the video link, it seems self-explanatory.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/134h...ew?usp=sharing

Cheers,
                  Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
                  E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Sorry to reopen this topic, but I'm finding impossible to delete duplicated Vray Light Select Elements, I don't know how or why multiple vray light select elements get duplicated and invisible in the UI. The select.itemType renderOutput don't even select active/visible Light Select render element.
                    I'm trying to select every single light select element with the select.subItem material.vray.lightSelectXXX command but if it's not displayed in the shader tree it can't be selected.

There's a way to delete these elements?

Thank you.
                    Regards.

Comment

The command to select all light select render elements in the scene is : select.itemType material.vray.lightSelect
                      Then you can delete them by hitting the delete key or executing the 'delete' command.

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Thank you Vladimir, it worked perfectly!

Regards.

Comment

This worked for me too. I couldn't see the Light Select Render Elements to delete them. Is there a way to show all Render Elements?

Regards,

Nick

Comment

No, there isn't.
                            I think this issue happens when you import one Modo scene into another - Modo sometimes loses the connection between the render element and the Shader Tree root.

I have a logged issue to ignore render elements that are not parented to the shader tree.
                            Then they will still be there, hidden, but will not be rendered.

Greetings,
                            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                            X