camera projection distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera projection distortion

I have created a (relatively simple) egg-shaped character that has a texture on his belly with letters on it. Because the letters are fairly close to the characters mouth, the lettering distorts when creating blendshapes for the mouth.

The letters must not distort in any way, so I thought I could use projection mapping just for those letters so they are projected as is onto the surface after deformations are happening.

It kind of works, but I am having the problem that no matter what I do, the letters are projected onto the surface distorted. The letters are scaled down vertically.

The texture is a perfect square, PNG with just the letters on a transparent background. The camera I use to create the projection is set to 'Orthogonal'.

Using the Modo renderer, I can just scale the camera itself up in Y direction to counter the distortion, but scaling the camera has no effect when rendering with Vray.

I simply need the letters projected onto the surface as they are, without distortions. What do I need to do?

Hey,

I think you have to find a different approach to solve this case.
    1. By using UV Map projection from the camera (ortho view) 1.2 Next scale the UV map to match the texture
    2. Use projection painting from the camera to paint the texture.

Cheers,

Share with me the result, please.
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X