Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save V-Ray Proxy and Material

HI,

I am trying to save a Proxy with Materials following this guide: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...terial+presets
    When I come to the stage were I should load the saved material and get it auto applied to the Proxy, it does not work. I get various of other stuff from the scene where I saved the matewrials from and it does not get auto applied to the Proxy.

I have attatched an image to show my scene, here the proxy is imported an the standard material is still in the scene (not loaded the saved one, as I get duplicates of cameras and other things).

I use Modo 12.2 and V-Ray 4.12.01.

If I select everything in the materials and save it as an assembly, it loads fine. But the V-Ray Proxy still does not automatically loads the materials to the geo.

Comment

I get various of other stuff from the scene where I saved the matewrials from
      This is a Modo issue, it's not related to V-Ray for Modo, and I cannot help with it.

But the V-Ray Proxy still does not automatically loads the materials to the geo.
      You need to make sure the material tags in the preset material are the same as the materials tags in the mesh item when you exported it to the .vrmesh file.
      If you are using part/selection tags, you need to explicitly enable writing those out to the .vrmesh file, there are options in the "Create V-Ray Proxy" command.
      Hard to say what went wrong without a scene.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
      X