Modo Prefs "Limited Image load size"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modo Prefs "Limited Image load size"

So, learnt something new in the Modo forum, just wanted to know from Chaos Group if this is right : If you set under Image I/O in the Modo prefs a limited image load size it affects Modos renderings, but NOT VRays rendering ? Is that correct ? Does that mean that VRay always loads the full size texture images when it starts a rendering ?
    www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

Hey,

Are you sure that "Image I/O" affect the Modo renderer? There are options in RT menu -> RT GPU -Textures "Use On-demand Mipmapping" and "GPU Resize Textures" check it.

Cheers,

Boyan
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

It says in the Modo manual :
      Limit Image Load Size When this option is enabled, Modo limits the size of large bitmap images when imported and rendered, based on the setting of the Maximum Image Load Size. As large images are loaded, they are resized, so they take about the same memory as a square image with the given dimensions. This can be useful if you're editing a model that's been textured with very large maps and don't need to see them in detail.

Warning: This preference affects rendering.
      I want to use it because it makes working with Modo faster.
      www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

Comment

Hey,

Use V-RAY GPU bucket or progressive for this one.

Cheers,
        Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
        E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by ingoerik View Post
          So, learnt something new in the Modo forum, just wanted to know from Chaos Group if this is right : If you set under Image I/O in the Modo prefs a limited image load size it affects Modos renderings, but NOT VRays rendering ? Is that correct ? Does that mean that VRay always loads the full size texture images when it starts a rendering ?
          We load the texture images independently from Modo, that's why this option doesn't affect V-Ray.

Whether V-Ray can load a texture image only at the required resolution depends on the format.
          You need to convert your textures to tiled multi-resolution EXR for this to be possible.
          You can either use the tool included with the V-Ray installation, or use the Modo built-in tool,
          which is accessible by right clicking on a loaded image and choosing 'Export as Tiled EXR".

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...+EXR+Converter

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks, thats what i wanted to know. Muhammed told me that "trick" because i was complaining about Modo's slow interface speed when you have several textures in use.
            www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

Comment

Working...
            X