Lights in lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights in lights

A client sent me a model of a lamppost light he wants to have in the garden. Obviously the light of this light shines through glass, so how do you handle this glass when you add a light ? Do you leave the glass as is as in reality, or do you exclude it from the glass in any way because of refraction or reflection issues from the bright light ?
    www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

I usually turn off cast shadows in glass and make it invisible to gi too. Light also invisible to reflection/refraction. Sometimes use a second light which only visible to reflection/refraction for the visual component.
    It's not correct, but it's easier to work with.

Comment

if the light doesn't need to affect the glass, I would just exclude the glass from that particular light. That way the light still reflects/refracts in other surfaces like normal.
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I think i need two different set ups, one for lights with clear glass and one for lights with milky glass where the glass has to glow itself too.
        www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

Comment

Working...
        X