progressive sampler workflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• progressive sampler workflow

So far i am using the progressive sampler only for texture tweaking and previewing lighting. Now i want to use it for my previews and final renderings, so how do i approach this ? Finding out the correct noise threshold and max subdivs, or is there more to test ? And does it work on a commercial renderfarm where they usually render in stripes ?
    www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

It boils down to finding the correct max subdivs and noise threshold. You might have to set the time threshold to zero to avoid the render being terminated before it is complete. The subdiv values and noise threshold should match the bucket sampler.

As for render farms - it would be best to ask if they support the progressive sampler quite closely.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Why wouldn't you use adaptive? It always seems to render faster for me, and it's not really that hard to setup, and works on farms just fine.

It just seems like if you're not going to let it "cook until it's done" you're not taking advantage of progressive and should probably use adaptive to me. I'm probably missing something though and I'm sure there are instances where progressive makes more sense.
      Last edited by GidPDX; 24-10-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Well, it seems to me that the progressive sampler is faster for interiors, but i haven't tested it yet. Interesting is that in the videos for VRay Cloud they always use the progressive sampler.
        www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

Comment

Working...
        X