image sampler settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image sampler settings

In the adaptiv sampler settings there is an option for using two adaptive modes, default the default setting, and as an option the legacy setting. When i use the legacy setting for my interiors i get a much better noise handling, it seems it produces a more equal noise distribution. Is this a completely different algorithm ?
    www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

When i use the legacy setting for my interiors i get a much better noise handling, it seems it produces a more equal noise distribution.
    Are you sure about this ? It should be the opposite.

The new "default" mode is our variance based adaptive sampling.
    The old "legacy" one oversampled bright areas, and undersampled dark areas of the render, as far as I know.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

It's mentioned here (Variance-based adaptive sampler (VBAS)) : https://evermotion.org/articles/show...ay-3-3-is-out-

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Yes, i am sure about this, especially in the dark shadow areas its better.
        www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

Comment

We will need a scene for examination in this case.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev

Comment

So here is a small pic : left is legacy and right is default adaptive method, legacy takes 6 minutes and default 5 minutes to render. When i make the noise threshold lower from 0.005 to 0.004 for the default it looks similar and has a similar rendertime. I dont know if there is a difference for the complete picture though, this was just an observation while doing test renderings, so nothing to worry about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	adaptive method legacy-default.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1053960
            www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

Comment

Yes, it's possible that the same noise threshold works slightly differently between the "legacy" and "default" mode, since they estimate the noise in a different way.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
              X