Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement in a complex material

Hello

Another displacement question - can I use Displacement as a part of a multi-shader material? Every time I use a Layer Mask or Group Mask in a complex material, displacement does not render out, if part of it.

Sorry for bugging so often.

Kind regards,
    Ondrej

It's not possible to blend the displacement using a Shader item or a V-Ray Blend Material.
    The displacement must be on the topmost material, and it will affect all materials.
    You have to setup the displacement blending separately from the material blending.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi Vladimir, thanks for the feedback. I've been cheating it by running the RT with only the displacement enabled, then switching all the other Shaders on when the rendering is in progress - the displacement stays and the Shaders are added on.

Cheers,
      O.

Comment

Just put the displacement just below the top-most Shader item, and it should work without cheating it.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X