Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volumetric Material - particles rendering

Hi,
    I have not been able to render smoke using particle simulation. I created a sphere with a V-Ray Volume material assigned to it, following the guidance from this post: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...etric-material This cloudy sphere renders fine on its own. But when it is emitted using particle simulation, it does not render (and the original sphere disappears from the scene too). I hope I make sense. Other materials render fine, so the problem must be in Volume material. Also, doing the same thing using Vladimir's file "clouds_mtl_volume_schematic" from the above mentioned post worked fine. There I noticed the V-Ray Volume in the Shader tree is located in a group that is neither a 'material', 'group' or 'folder' but an 'item' (which I do not know how to setup), could this be where my problem is?

Help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Ondrej
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ondr8; 14-04-2020, 11:20 AM.

Are you using GPU rendering ? There seems to be an issue with the volume material and GPU rendering.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hello, I'm using CPU. It works just fine when I open your scene "clouds_mtl_volume_schematic" you uploaded here: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...etric-material
      But when I recreate mine it does not. So I don't think it's a V-Ray issue, it's just me doing something wrong...

Comment

I am attaching an example using a Replicator.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Attached Files
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hello, thanks for sharing the scene, but unfortunately it still did not render for me, both CPU/GPU.

But I just found out that if the replicated object is nothing but a not-subdivided cube it renders fine, but looks weird having a boxy smoke. If it is any other shape, almost all of the Volume mat. disappears when using a Replicator.
          When subdivided, there is a little bit of the Volume still visible at the start of the render, however, as soon as it begins to clear out it fades completely away:

Regards,
          Ondrej
          Attached Files

Comment

is there any fix for this? i wonder if i can create clouds in houdini and bring that vdb to modo to be rendered with vray. is it possible or not?

Comment

We're looking at pulling water sim in from Houdini. Check this out: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...+Proxy+objects

Comment

Hey,

VDB file/s exported from Houdini will be great and you won't have a problem with V-Ray for Modo to render it.

Cheers,
                Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
                E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                X