Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Master Multiplier" equivalent in V-Ray for Modo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Master Multiplier" equivalent in V-Ray for Modo?

Hello!

I'm trying to follow a 3dsmax/V-ray tutorial for VDB volumes, trying to render a cloud, but it says to alter the "Master Multiplier" setting but I can't find it inside Modo V-Ray...

In Volume Grid Adv. tab I see:
    - Velocity Multiplier
    - Diffuse Multiplier
    - Own Light Scatter Multiplier
    - External Scatter Mult.

Any of these?

Fiddling around I get different looks but not like in the tutorial...

BTW if anyone has any good tutorials or information on how to render realistic nice clouds in Modo+V-ray, I'd appreciate it very much, I'm very new to 3d and I feel I'm spending a lot of time reinventing the wheel...

Anyway, loving V-ray so far, so much faster and nice looking than the default renderer

This is the tutorial I'm trying to follow if anyone's interested:
    https://youtu.be/6EGCsdiWzQU

Comment

Oh I just figured something out - I'm using the GPU renderer (latest nightly build) and the RT preview is not updating settings interactively, it only seems to update the image when I change settings on CPU render

So after fiddling with it on CPU, it seems "Diffuse Multiplier" is the closest thing

Now a new question - what can I do so the GPU renderer updates automatically when I change settings? I swear it used to update automatically, now it only updates when I stop/start the RT GPU renderer
      Last edited by Señor3d; 12-07-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X