Weight map support in Vray for Modo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight map support in Vray for Modo

Modo has been adding some cool meshops for weights and I have been messing around in Octane to do some motion graphics stuff. Its really useful (and fun).

Is there any chance we can twist someones arm to get weight map support in Vray for Modo some day?
    Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
    I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

I also found a way to use weights in Octane to do things like the Modo "variation texture" eg. to generate random colors per mesh island within the same mesh.

Greg did a pixelfondue video after seeing my posts on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KhV05jf5Xs

I know Vray already supports the modo variation texture, but not on GPU. I remember using another trick on GPU, but it changes the randomness every frame, so cant be used for animations.

If we had weight map support, I could use the same method in the video above.
    Last edited by 1funk; 28-10-2020, 03:56 AM.
    Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
    I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

After all the years I used V-Ray weight support is getting more and more a painful miss. Anyhow, it was promised to come in a future update. Its just not sure when a future update comes. Not there fold, I guess Modo stuff is selling badly. They even have V-Ray 5.0 ready for Nuke.. who use Vray in Nuke? Well, after learning Fusion, I even wonder who uses Nuke at all, eg. that silly price tag.

Comment

Yes, one of the first things I missed badly in using Vray. And continue to miss.

Comment

I would like to support this request as well.

Comment

Working...
          X