Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump maps and Triplanar texture

Hi all,

I'm new to Vray for Modo so please bear with me. I like the triplanar mapping feature of Vray. I've been using it as instructed by the user manual by creating a vray material, adding an image map, then adding the triplanar texture. I connect the image map to the triplanar in the schematic, as the instructions say. That all works fine. But how do I get a bump map to work in this setup? I've tried and I can't seem to get it to work. Does it connect to the triplanar in some way? Ideally I just have the bump map do the same thing as the diffuse map but I don't know how it's supposed to fit in there in the shader tree. Thank you in advance. Btw I'm using Modo 14 and the latest version of Vray.

Thanks!
    Rusty

Please download the latest stable nightly build from here : https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...y4modo/nightly
    If you don't have access you have to write an e-mail to support.

In that build you have the ability to add the TriPlanar options to a Texture Locator, so you could share the Texture Locator and the TriPlanar properties between your diffuse and bump maps.
    In the version you have, you need to create 2 TriPlanar textures, one for bump and one for diffuse.

For more info : https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...60#post1067460

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Ok great - I'll give this a try. Thanks for the info. I expect to be asking a lot of questions but so far I'm really enjoying having 2 new GPU's and Vray. I come from a Mac so the speed is..unbelievable.

Comment

I'm happy to report it works just fine so far. Thank you for the tip Vladimir!

Comment

Working...
        X