More problems with Chaos Cloud and still no V-Ray 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More problems with Chaos Cloud and still no V-Ray 5.0

Not sure if its related to having an older Version of V-Ray in Modo, but Chaos Cloud does fail more and often rendering jobs. As you nearly have all plugins of V-Ray update to 5.0, the question is, if V-Ray in Modo has a future at all?
    I mean you haven't commented that official and thats going to be problem. Its not really kind of you ignoring us.

Hey, Robert,

Thank you for the post. If you have trouble with cloud rendering please let us know about it. Chaos group always is concern about the user's experience, and we prove that for many years and you know this fact better as one of the oldest customers of V-Ray for Modo. About the V-Ray 5 for Modo stay tuned for breaking news. Please let me know about the cloud issue.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Well I have increasing problems with scenes having motion blur or many proxies. As far as the CC team answered it was always memory related. However, when rendering the same scene with on another farm, using an older version of V-Ray then the current nightly I get all images perfect rendered. And they suing als 32 GB Ram only. Which is by the way not really much on Windows (But totally enough on Linux and macOS). So I have been told that the problems should be gone in V-Ray 5.0 and asked why I do not upgrade yet? Good joke!

Comment

Working...
      X