Proxy scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy scene

So, I started to use proxy scene object to get rid of importing shaders and textures. Gave me a huge step forward in performance.
    Now, in the scene object there is a display option, but it seem not to work. Is it possible to have some viewport reference for a loaded vrscene?
    I also wonder if it could work to just use a vrscene as reference for shaders.

Are you talking about the V-Ray .vrscene reference item that loads and renders .vrscene files ?
    It has options for number of preview triangles and mode (preview/full scene).

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I think I found the reason it doesn’t do that. The scene had mainly proxy’s... not much to display..
      What about the shaders?

Comment

You can select a .vrscene file in the V-Ray VRmat material and then choose a shader from the provided list.

However this is not a workflow we've spend much time working on.
        The V-Ray VRmat material was supposed to be used with .vrmat files which contain a single material.
        For example, the material names that you will see are internal names, so it will be difficult to find the exact material if there are many.
        Also, I am not sure whether re-exporting the .vrscene file will change the material names and thus invalidate the scenes that reference them.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Attached Files
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Ok thanks, that is an interesting workflow. I just have to find a way to create some Sample Mesh for the scene file. I guess I need to setup a mesh with a shader with opacity 0.0 to make it invisible in rendering...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Ok thanks, that is an interesting workflow. I just have to find a way to create some Sample Mesh for the scene file. I guess I need to setup a mesh with a shader with opacity 0.0 to make it invisible in rendering...
            You don't have to make the mesh invisible. The VRmat material won't bring in the geometry from the .vrscene file, just the selected shader.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
            X