Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next on Modo 15?

Hello all,

I just installed Modo 15 but V-Ray Next tab is not showing up, any idea how to enable? Thanks!

V-Ray Next is not compatible with Modo 15.
    We have to make some big changes because of the switch to Qt 5 in Modo 15 and it will take a while.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hello Vladimir,

Do you have any idea how long it will take?
      A road map for Vray next on Modo 15, and Vray 5 would be great !!

Comment

Modo without Vray is useless to me. Please Vlad, when will we get an update?

Comment

I'm not really using Modo 15 because of this. So on the last job I actually went back to using Modo default renderer so I could use Modo 15. Plus I'm exploring Octane, given they have a Mac version now.

Comment

Its been mentioned by the Modo production manager, that they looking forward on changes here. A bit of a ping pong game, between Chaos Group wanting support and Foundry wanting reaction. Who got the ball now is unclear. Its quite intransparent to what Chaos Group is going after.
            Its hard so for the user who invested in the products. I have no problem staying with Modo 14.x for a while longer, but its not about V-Ray its about V-Ray 5.0 that could be in Modo since a year.. hence longer then Modo 15.x is out. So its quit obvious that Chaos Group is unwilling to act.

Comment

I second having some kind of roadmap, just to see what and when.

My yearly subscription renewal is coming up and I want to know if it's worth the money. Granted, it isn't much to pay each year, but enough to make you question it. I really like Vray and have been using it a lot, but lately the Modo render engine has been tremendously fast and good (mPath) and it's not a big step to just get rid of Vray, certainly when Chaos Group makes the choice even easier.

I know I'm just small fish and I won't make much difference, but it's still important in the long run for Chaos Group to also have us on board.

Edit: 'small step' into 'big step'
              Last edited by frederik_bussels; 07-06-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Same here, you should write that in the Modo forum, they can’t bill you for not delivering. At least they could answer peoples requests. I can’t understand that Chaos rather does a Nuke version the Modo. How many render with Vray in Nuke? Makes no sense to me. Also there project Lavina, now Vatage, looks quite ugly compare to Unreal 5 RT Gi engine or Lumen.

Comment

I'm an old Lightwave guy, and I really like Modo,
                  but I find that the development is really slowed down these last years, there are recurring bugs for years, there are functions that I do not use because not stable (the referencing for example (I have certain project which became irrecoverable). I have the impression that it adds new functionality without correcting the defects.

For me the biggest problem is if I have to pass elements from one scene to another, I'm always afraid that something will not work, (shader, group, meshop.) and unfortunately often it is the case. to update an asset in a scene, I find it really not intuitive.

Also if we look in the forum, I remember when there was between 50 and 100 posts per day, and now no more than 10 (except for the beta discussion)

I have the impression that everyone is turning to another program like C4D. and I'm really thinking about it.

we've been waiting for V-Ray Next on modo for over 3 years ??? i think there are less and less modo users and Chaos just doesn't think it's worth it.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjPFHNy96U

if you look at the launch of modo 15 - 11k views
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzCfrf7o2z0
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwvVVsNeIdo --> launch Modo 14 7k views (which has more negative than positive thumbs)

and the launch of C4D R.24 - 41k views with lot more new fonctionnality
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptS--DPFIGY&t=1s

this is just my feeling, but it's a shame because there are some parts of Modo that are really great, but it doesn't follow.

Comment

we've been waiting for V-Ray Next on modo for over 3 years ???
                    Just to correct you there, V-Ray Next for Modo was released on April 24th 2019, a little less than a year after V-Ray Next for 3dsMax.

Greetings,
                    Vladimir Nedev
                    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

vladimir.nedev

Vladimir, I am a bit confused, maybe I am completely wrong, for me V-Ray 5 = Vray Next and we are still in version 4 or am I wrong?
                      On your youtube channel you have a lot of update videos on all max programs, maya, revit, sketchup etc... but an update for V-Ray for modo is about 4 years old
                      this is also what makes me think that devlopping for modo is not your priority, or there is a lack of communication for the modo community

I know there are minor updates in nightflies and really tjhank you for that, but we don't have by far the functionality that we find in max or maya.

This is not a criticism at all, I realize that maybe developing V-Ray for modo is not profitable for you and I understand that.
                      It's a bit of a general impression that little by little people are switching to another program other than Modo, which is a shame, because I really like modo, but its lack of major updates, make me think the same.

Have nice day,
                      Best Regards
                      Daniel

Comment

Vladimir, I am a bit confused, maybe I am completely wrong, for me V-Ray 5 = Vray Next and we are still in version 4 or am I wrong?
                        We are still at V-Ray 4 for Modo, which we actually called V-Ray Next for marketing purposes.
                        V-Ray 5 is V-Ray 5 and it was released 1 year ago for V-Ray for 3ds Max, not 3 years ago.

Can't comment on the rest of your observations.

Greetings,
                        Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

We are still at V-Ray 4 for Modo, which we actually called V-Ray Next for marketing purposes.
                          V-Ray 5 is V-Ray 5 and it was released 1 year ago for V-Ray for 3ds Max, not 3 years ago.

Can't comment on the rest of your observations.

Greetings,
                          Vladimir Nedev
                          Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your comment, it's more clrear to me , sorry about that, we just are the feeling on the modo community we are the forgotten ones
                          i wish you a beautiful day.
                          Best regards
                          Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
                            V-Ray Next is not compatible with Modo 15.
                            We have to make some big changes because of the switch to Qt 5 in Modo 15 and it will take a while.

Greetings,
                            Vladimir Nedev
                            Hello Vladimir,

Can I use Qt 5 V-Ray for MODO with 14.2?

Comment

I guess its much easier to do V-Ray 5.0 for Modo 14 then 15. The talk is sometimes about Qt5, sometimes about Hydra. V-Ray is working with Hydra in other apps, but then its all not so simple. I guess if V-Ray 5.0 ever comes for Modo, then its for Modo 15+ and not for older versions. Which is ok in my opinion. It just could come faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X