exclude from motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exclude from motion blur

Is it possible to exclude an object from motion blur?
    The V-Ray geometry has an option for overwriting samples, not sure if thats the solution.
    In my scene its quite complex, Lets say I have a car in front of trees. The car needs motion blur, but the trees not. Now there are also many sub items involved, like deformed leaves and such that cost a lot memory on rendering. So excluding everything but the car would be ideal solution here.

Hey, Robert,

Thank you for the request - If I am understanding correctly your question, the answer is positive. Enable the V-Ray Geometry to desired geometry, enable the Motion Blur sample option at the bottom and set it to 1. As far as I can see the animated object is disappeared in Motion RE output.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

So, 1 equal disabled. Perfect!... I will tests that.

Comment

I don't think what Boyan suggested would work if the motion blur is coming from the movement of the camera.
        I don't think it's possible to disable this for specific objects.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hm, yeah the point is here that I have some alembic files to render and they increase file size in factor 5 if motion blur is enabled. Which comes to quite heavy uploads using ChaosCloud.
          Do you know any better approach? I tried animated proxies, but it took very long, produced a much higher file size and even had the same problem with motion blur.
          The only thing that does not increase file size with motion blur is a vrscene. Which really surprised me. It seems that happens on the render farm then and not before.
          You really need a solution here, lot people of different software run into that problem.

Comment

Hm, yeah the point is here that I have some alembic files to render and they increase file size in factor 5 if motion blur is enabled. Which comes to quite heavy uploads using ChaosCloud.
            Are you loading the Alembic through Modo ?
            You can directly load it in the V-Ray Proxy item.
            Then the .vrscene size shouldn' be increased, V-Ray will read the Alembic file during rendering (and upload it to Chaos Cloud before that).

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Oh thats great.. many thanks.
              I didn't seen the alembic part of the proxi item.. you get so blind to UI elements you do not need... thats fantastic!

Comment

Working...
              X